Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My brand of cigarettes

has changed.

I no longer smoke a brand with a man's name - John Player, Peter Jackson, Lucky Strike.

Now they're called SMOKING CAUSES PERIPHERAL VASCULAR DISEASE.

The packet has what looks like a mutant's arm on it but is, I believe, a representation of an artery with the fat being squeezed out of it.

The carton displays a gangrenous foot, missing a toe & the other four in various degrees of blackness.

& that reminds me. Somewhere I read, or was told, or inhaled, that every cigarette I smoked took five seconds off my life. If that's the case, the last twenty years have been a bonus.

3 comments:

Jean Vengua said...

oh my goodness, that's some nasty cigarettes...

Anonymous said...

i'd better quit now...*cough*

Anna Piutti said...

The dark humor in this post is my kind of stuff.
And, I'm glad I'm not a smoker...

By the way, keep up the great work, Mark. I absolutely love your poetry.