Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Soixante-six

Today is my 66th birthday. I had thought to acknowledge it by posting what would be some, undoubtedly, drab numerical graphic, or the left-hand side of a set of engorged quotation marks (& would spend the next 33 years wondering if I would make it to the other side).

Then I thought of all the talented people I know & whose work I love. If I'd had several months to do it in, this post might have ended up being 66 (or 99) ways of looking at 66. But I only got the idea late last week, just enough time for a quick email to a few whom I consider nearest & dearest.

So, below, offerings from three much-loved-by-me members of my extended electronic family.




Sheila E. Murphy: Happy 66



Geof Huth: 66



Márton Koppány: Ellipsis No. 12 — for Mark Young


Thanks, guys. A big hug from the bottom half of the world.

11 comments:

Karri Kokko said...

Oh, Mark. Happy, happy birthday! (And it's not even Tuesday here yet.)

beuvayah! (word verificationese for many happy returns)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark

Happy birthday
& thanks for your support.

cheers,
Michael

Alex Gildzen said...

sixty-six is abt as mellifluous a number as exists. savor every bit.

Ivy said...

Happy birthday, Mark! From top to bottom... yay! ;-)

Geofhuth said...

Happy, by the way, birthday, Mark. Forgot to send my greetings, yesterday, to you for your birthday tomorrow, today, which is Monday to me but Tuesday to you.

Geof

Jean Vengua said...

Happy 66th, Mark.

J

marko said...

Happy birthday, Mark!

mark young said...

my thanks to all of you for yr kind wishes.

na said...

Happy 66th! May you go happily towards three of those sixes!

eileen

Common Sense said...

Please, for all of us, keep going until the number turns over and then some.

Happy birthday, Mark!

Yrs,

J

Martin Edmond said...

congratulations Mark - I know I'm late - & out of order - but perhaps you should try to add another 6 - to those two ...