Wednesday, April 26, 2006

This doesn't look like Kansas

Many months ago I saw that Black Spring was going to bring out a "Lawrence issue", & I was wondering why the fuck, in this day & age, would anyone want to bring out a whole issue devoted to D.H. Lawrence. Not until much closer to publication date, when a bit more information was forthcoming, did I realise it was a geographical descriptor. Boy, Toto, did I feel stupid.

Anyway, Jim McCrary was the editor of that issue, & he's the subject of Tom Beckett's latest interview over at e-values. & I've learned a great deal more about Lawrence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i live in d.h. lawrence, kansas...haha

--andrew

Jean Vengua said...

I have a bunch of relatives in Kansas. They live near the area where L. Frank Baum, author of Wizard of Oz, lived. Of course I had to make a pilgrimage to the site, and brought back a "ruby red shoes" magnet.