Thursday, July 30, 2009

Now if everybody did this.....

Pelican Dreaming

Suggestion/Comment

Thanks for getting a copy of Mark Young’s Lunch Poems, both he and Michael Steven (publisher of Soapbox Press) are great. You should get Mark’s collected poems as well.

Library Answer

Thanks very much for your recommendation. We have now ordered a copy of Mark Young’s Pelican Dreaming: Poems 1959-2008, published by Meritage Press. Feel free to place a request on it. We also hold a copy of The Right Foot of the Giant in our collection which contains his poems from the 60s to late 70s. New Zealand Electronic Poetry Centre has an excellent web page devoted to him containing a bio, a bibliography and lots of his poems for you to read. Enjoy!

Cynthia Bishell
Collection Services Manager

Canterbury University Library in Christchurch, New Zealand.

3 comments:

Ross Brighton said...

Wow! Glad that one got answered!

That was me, by the way. Michael Sent me a copy of the lunch poems, and then I found it in the UC library. I'm happy they're paid attention to said request. they've also purchased a couple of Kilmog Press books, which makes me glad. Looking through their NZ collection, until now it seemed that the only small/micropress stuff they had was from the 70s and 80s, like Alan Loney's various presses, Hard Echo, Pohutakawa etc.

I'm very glad that things are changing in that regard.

Anonymous said...

Amen! That's a coup in a city like Christchurch.

Well done, Ross (and Mark)

Ross Brighton said...

Glad I'm doin' good.
And I got Jen's chap in the mail the other day (I did a swap with her) and It's awesome. You make cool stuff, Michael. Word up and soforth.