Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Many of the people

who have been interviewed at Tom Beckett's e-values I would class as friends. But they are electronic ones, physically far away, across oceans.

Finally, someone I've actually met, who I had dinner with at a Vietnamese restaurant in the heart of Newtown, Sydney not so long ago, who lives relatively close by - okay, it's 2000 kilometres, but that's only a couple of hours away. Tom's latest interview is with Jill Jones, a wonderful poet. Check it out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you & wifey should come stay with us, we've got an extra room with a sleeper couch

Nick Piombino said...

And while you're at it, come to New York so Toni and I can take you to our favorite Lower East Side restaurant, Orlin, go to readings at the Bowery Poetry Club and visit the Met and tons of Chelsea galleries.

You too, Craig.

Jill Jones said...

It's always an immense pleasure to have a chat, Mark, wheever you drop in to Sydney over those thousands of ks. Don't know when I'll do likewise. I'm more likely to get to NY (in fact, I will later this year).

And thanks for the heads up about the interview and poetry.

Best, Jill