Monday, February 05, 2007

It's been raining

on & off for the last few days, quite a bit of on, currently off.

Which means that there are lots of mosquitoes around. Several varieties, all of them vicious little bastards.

Got the shit bitten out of me this afternoon when I was cleaning the pool of little yellow flowers & attendant tree cast-offs. Good thing my (admittedly poetically-licensed) paranoia remains in the conspiracy theory domain & doesn't extend to hypochondria. Otherwise I'd be off now being tested for Kew Fever, Ross River Fever, Dengue Fever, Leishmania, Nile River virus, Ebola, ague.......

Instead took great unBuddhist delight is smiting the varmints down as they alighted on my bare limbs. Smite, smite, smite. But later, scratch, scratch, scratch. & I'm starting to feel a fever coming on. Quick, Murgatroyd. The quinine s'il vous plait.

No comments: