Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Thank you, Geof

In his year end post, A Year and a Day - the year a summary, the day a beautiful poem in response to Tom Beckett's call for "day poems" - Geof Huth lists a number of people for "special thanks" for providing him with some of the pleasures he'd experienced during the year. Amongst them:
"Mark Young for blogging his way through his day, yet finding time to put out Otoliths, the finest blogzine and hardcopy zine around, filled as it is with more imagination than a thousand days of other attempts."
My thanks for your generous words, but I just provide the platform, the outlet. It's the contributors, such as yourself, that deserve the praise, not just for their work but also their presence which attracts other contributors who I never dared let myself think would want to come on board. Plus the new people I'm getting a real buzz out of publishing.

Issue four of Otoliths is shaping up to be a spectacular issue, & will be going online on February 1. The print version of issue three should be dropping into contributors' letterboxes - if it hasn't already done so - as I write this.

No comments: